Thursday 21 January 2010

Song 3 - "Take Your Time"

On 23rd October 2009, Rob's second song arrived (wish he would get on this blog and tell you a bit about the song from his perspective).

It's called "Take Your Time" - aptly named, because I wasn't too sure about this one when I first heard it, but the fact that I find myself whistling it now and then proves it has grown on me. It's a personal song about when he first moved to New Zealand in '73, the advice given to him by his Grandfather at the time still holds good today as Rob finds himself giving the same advice to his own family.

Again, I did not feel I would benefit the song by adding any harmonies (especially as I found Rob's phrasing on this one a little difficult to sing along with). So, I just added a piano track to the vocals, guitars and bass already laid down by Rob. A gentle song that obviously means a lot to him - hope you like it too.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed - it would be great to get Rob's take on this. Just listened to the clip and I'm left wanting to hear the rest, with the lyrics beginning to tell a story I'd like to know more about. Only track three and I'm already hooked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the fact that Paul had written a personal song about he and I with his first song, and it gave me the idea for my second song "Take Your Time".

    Written with my own family in mind, and going back over the years when my Grandfather and Grandmother were still alive. I remember
    both my grandparents really encouraging me where my music was concerned. They even bought me my first electric guitar and amplifier when I was 21, so that really says something!
    They loved to hear us kids singing songs when we were young, and even though I grew up in the shadows of my famous dad (Houston Wells) they always supported me where they could, so this song is for them, and my own daughters Catherine and Laura too!
    Once again Paul added some very subtle but tastful piano to this track, and the song has really grown on me heaps!

    ReplyDelete